heat blowing low temp

Posted
Rating:
#7869 (In Topic #2432)

heat blowing 62

Just today istarted having an issue where heat is blowing 62 degrees.  the thermostat is calling for stage 1 + 2 and the outside unit sounda like its running normally…. i have someone coming tues to look at it. Any thoughts appreciated
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
My guess is that the compressor isn't running and you're just hearing the fan running.  If you open the panels and there's no error code then you may have a blown compressor.  If the compressor is running then you probably lost most of the refrigerant charge

Posted
Rating:

GJosephs said

My guess is that the compressor isn't running and you're just hearing the fan running.  If you open the panels and there's no error code then you may have a blown compressor.  If the compressor is running then you probably lost most of the refrigerant charge
Ok thanks…i have someone coming tues to look at it.   I did notice  one of the 3 in line fuses was tripped. I replaced it but after startup it tripped one of the others.  I replaced that one… it now runs…. no fuses are tripping but still no heat

Posted
Rating:
I'm thinking you're going to have a compressor issue unfortunately

Posted
Rating:
What i was afraid of…..what do you recommend as a replacement units? Mine is a 3ton unit

Posted
Rating:
An update on this… Today I csme home decided to try the heat again. Today it kicked right on and began blowing heat….eventually got to 82 degress from the register.  After running for about 15 minutes it reached the set temperature on the thermostat and turned off.
   About 20 minutes or so later it kicked back on only this time it was blowing 62 degree air again.   Any thoughts on this?  Thanks

Posted
Rating:
You very well may have a bad capacitor or possibly a stuck potential relay. May be simple

Posted
Rating:
  i had the person who installed the system come out, he found and replaced 2 bad capacitors. It ran well all night on 1 stage. This am It is blowing 60 at the register again and calling for stage 1+2.   Let me know what you think.

Posted
Rating:
I'm thinking there's a couple possibilities.  If the potential relays (starting relays) are sticking, they would prevent the capacitor from disengaging right after starting and blow the capacitor again.  So if they're blown, replace relays and capacitors.  If the compressor is struggling to start with good capacitors, then it's likely failing.  I'd be curious to know if the compressor starts and runs smoothly in each mode, 1st stage and 2nd stage.  Also curious what amperage its drawing on both 1st and 2nd stage
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.