This forum

Posted
Rating:
#535 (In Topic #121)
We had a concern from a user that there was some censoring going on in this web site due to a topic being closed.  This was not the case, I just didn't want the support forums to turn into a "I'm right, you're wrong", "You're wrong, I'm right" situation.

This forum was set up so it can be used to debate or state what you think about Hallowell or the Acadia system without interfering with this web sites primary goal which is to support all the systems that are out in the field.   Due to that fact this forum is in the 'General' category and not our 'Support and Information' category.

Please don't bash each other, if you want to debate the validity of the system, or just want to vent about it this is the forum for it and hopefully we can keep it out of the other forums.   In this way people who aren't interested in this but rather just want help can ignore it, and not receive notifications that a new message has been posted.

Thanks - and I hope this resolves any concerns about censoring on this web site.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Trial Member
kellyj is in the usergroup ‘Trial Members’
  I apologize if my statement was taken a "bashing" somebody. It was not that way.

I am tired though of people "bashing" Duane Hallowell, and his company.

I'm tired of the Law suits against Hallowell, (and FW Webb)when people don't understand what goes on, just to make a new product. Just to make a product!!! The legal BS that goes on behind the scenes.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kelly,
   My statement about bashing users had nothing to do with your posts or anyone elses at this point time - sorry about that if anyone took it the wrong way.   I'm just trying to get ahead of the curve so the forums don't turn into what I've seen on other boards.

I want to keep the site informative where people want to come back and not just start dropping off because they get tired of reading messages with people arguing and tearing each other down.

Posted
Rating:
The Hallowell heat pump is basically a new technology the need a lot of tweeking. Most of the problems we have had were simple fixes. Thermostat issued were dealt with quickly by the tech support. My problem was they wouldn't listen when I told them the unit was not working right during our second winter.
That's when they had to replace it because the compressors went bad. The 1st unit was built in Mexico. The one we have in the USA.
I am extremely paranoid when I hear a sound out of the ordinary!!!
Has anyone tried to contact the former technicians from Hallowell? I always dealt with Chip Lucas or Norman.

Posted
Rating:
Chip and Norm Springer are loosely in contact with the site as members - and we even have some personal member to Duane Hallowell channels of communication if they can add some helpful inputs.

But former employees are reluctant to get involved for fear of being swamped with calls for help.  So the site acts as a means of focus on real issues that can be dealt with as we have tried to do.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.