Return Filter

Posted
Rating:
#6096 (In Topic #1945)
I have the 8 merv pleated Aprilaire filter just before the air handler condenser. Living in the high desert  we have a fair amount of fine dust that gets pushed around the house. I am assuming some is driven by the air handler.  I have two large returns that could be modified to accept standard filters, with the hopes this would catch some of the dust. I have a feeling this may be too restrictive. Can someone please confirm? 
Coming up to winter I hope my unit is reliable as it has been this summer. Ran it a ton. Winter seems to challenge these units. Fingers crossed !
Brian

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The best thing in my opinion would be to leave the Merv 8 filter then add a HEPA air cleaner with its own fan.  That will tie into the return and filter the fine dust.  Don't have two sets of filters, that's asking for trouble.  Especially with the Acadia's being as temperamental as they are.

See the link below, this is one of my favorites.

HEPA Filtration | Imperial Group

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for the recommendation. Looks like it could be pretty pricey but effective. Not sure about accessing dealers in Nevada but will have a look. Appears you must direct buy from this company as did not see dealer access or distributors.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.